Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Playing Hookie

I think Addison and I are both playing hookie from school today. I received the "your daughter has a fever" call from daycare late yesterday afternoon. "The call" means that she can't return to school for 24 hours, even if she isn't running a fever today (which, of course, she isn't)! As a kindergarten teacher, I guess I can appreciate the 24 hour rule. Craig is working in Charleston today so I had to take the day off. Bummer, I know!

Why do I think we are playing hookie? Well, let's see... Addison's been chasing the dog around at 100 mph, tearing the house apart and "washing" her new car. This is how I found her earlier this morning. She was literally washing the hood of her new ride with a baby wipe! This made her daddy exceptionally proud because he spent the day on Sunday washing our cars. I guess Addison must have learned a little something in the process of watching her daddy!
We slept in (7:05), ate breakfast (kind of), and are still in our pjs at 10:00. What a way to start the day! I guess we'll do a little laundry, do a little vacuuming, have a little lunch, and then hopefully, it will be time for a nap.

Looks like she has decided to go ahead and take her nap. While I was typing this post, she fell sound asleep on the floor beside me. So sweet! That's all for this post. I need to transfer sleeping beauty to her crib before she wakes up.
Maybe we aren't playing hookie after all!

No comments: