Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Giddy Up!

I had another doctor's appointment today, and all appears to be well with the Jelly Bean. I didn't have an ultrasound, but I did get to hear the heartbeat for the first time! That was really cool. It sounded more like a "gallop" than a heartbeat because it was beating so quickly. When the doctor first put the doppler on my stomach, we couldn't hear the heartbeat, but we could hear the baby kicking around in there! Although I can't feel anything yet, I feel sure we have an active one on our hands. Surprise! Surprise! Heart Rate was 130-140, which is within the normal range. I think I have gained 2 or 3 pounds since my last appointment. My next appointment is July 5th. Hopefully, we'll be scheduling THE ultrasound at that time.

No comments: