Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, November 25, 2007

38 Week Update

Well, we have made it to the 38 week mark, and it looks like baby Addison is going to stay put just a bit longer. At my doctor's appointment on Wednesday, my doctor said everything looks good so far. My cervix has thinned a little, but as of Wednesday, I was not dilated at all and the baby's head was still pretty high. My blood pressure was great, I had actually lost a few pounds (shocker), and so far, I have not had to deal with any swelling. I am starting to feel a little pressure when I stand or walk for a while, but I don't think the baby has officially "dropped" yet. My only real complaint at this point is that it is getting harder and harder to get a good night's sleep. Between the bathroom breaks and the waking up at 4 am, I am a little sleep deprived. (Probably not nearly as sleep deprived as I am going to be, though)!

If things continue to go well, my next appointment is Monday, December 3rd. If my due date comes and goes with no baby, my doctor will let me go 1 week past before inducing, which is fine with me. I am not completely uncomfortable (yet), and I would just as soon baby Addison come when she is ready rather than trying to rush things.

14 days and counting...

No comments: