Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Saturday, December 8, 2007

1 day...

According to my little ticker, we have 1 day until baby Addison arrives. According to baby Addison, we have ??? days until she arrives. Isn't this fun! It's 10:15 p.m., and Molly dog and I are hanging out wondering if this will be our last night together without baby Addison. Craig is at a Christmas party dinner in Bluffton tonight, and it's just me and "the girls". It is so quiet around here -- something that is sure to change in the very near future.

Those of you who know me well know that I cannot sit still -- EVER. Even the day before I am supposed to deliver a baby. So, what's a girl to do?

Shop! Of course! What else!

I spent the day Christmas shopping in Bluffton with my friend Michelle, who just happens to be 37 weeks pregnant. The 2 of us sure are a sight, and it is so funny to watch people do a double take when we walk by. Coincidentally, I was wearing a red shirt and she was wearing a bright green shirt. We looked like 2 walking (make that waddling) Christmas balls! I vowed to skip the Christmas shopping this year, but I just couldn't help myself. I just love the excitement of shopping for friends and family (and baby Addison this year). Besides, I figured it wouldn't hurt to do a little walking today. Turns out we did a LOT of walking. If I didn't shake baby Addison loose in there today, I am not sure I am going to be able to do so without the help of drugs.

After shopping, I met some more of my friends downtown for dinner. As tired as I was, all I kept thinking was that this might be my last chance to go out to dinner for a while. It's crazy how many of the "this might be my last chance to ______ for a while" thoughts I have had this week. I still can't believe the time is here. With each passing minute, Craig and I are getting more and more excited. I must say that I am nervous about the actual delivery part, but I am really looking forward to the moment I get to wrap my arms around little Addison. We have been waiting a LONG time to meet this little girl! What a WONDERFUL JOURNEY this pregnancy has been!

Keep us in your thoughts, and we will be sure to keep all of you posted! Happy Holidays!

No comments: