Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, December 3, 2007

No Baby Yet

I just left the doctor's office, and as I expected, little has changed since my last appointment a week and a half ago. Although my cervix is a little thinner than it was last time, I am only a teeny tiny bit dilated. So... the waiting game continues. My doctor said that all pregnancies are different, but that if she had to guess, she'd say the baby is going to hang out in utero a little longer, which is really okay with me. Don't get me wrong, I cannot WAIT to meet her, but as long as the baby isn't getting too big in there, I would just as soon let nature take her course. I still feel great and for the most part, I am not too uncomfortable yet.

My next appointment is next Tuesday, which is a few days past my original due date of December 9th. Since I will be past the 40 week mark, I will have another ultrasound to check my fluid levels and assess the baby's size. If everything looks okay with the ultrasound, the doctor will continue to monitor me closely and begin to talk about an induction sometime around the 16th, I think. I guess we'll just spend the next week waiting to see what happens!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Glad that you are still feeling well! I should have had mine in the winter instead of the summer. We are checking back every day. Good luck and Happy Baby!! We will be thinking of you.

Love,
Jennifer, Lamar, Grace and Walter