Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, July 28, 2008

Summer Fun

Two weeks ago, I met my friend Robin at the beach. Robin was my college suitemate, and she has 2 beautiful children who are 3 and 5. They live in NC, and unfortunately, we don't get to see them as much as we would like to. They were visiting her aunt, uncle and cousins, and since my mom lives near the beach, I thought it would be a great time to visit with my mom, pick up my dog and see Robin and her children.

It was Addison's first trip to the beach, and while she loved sunbathing (under her tent), she wasn't too sure what to think of the ocean. I think she was scared of the noise and caught off guard by the splashing waves. We enjoyed spending time with Robin and her family, and we had a fun first day at the beach.
As she can see in the next series of pictures, Addison went from, "This beach thing is interesting, it might be okay," to "I am not so sure about this beach thing," to "I don't think I like this beach thing," to "I REALLY don't like this beach thing!"

Don't worry, mommy made it all better!

No comments: