Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 5, 2007

All Things Sweet...

(17 weeks, 4 days)

Great news! For now, I can continue to enjoy all things sweet -- within reason, of course. I "passed" my first glucose test this morning! After drinking 12 ounces of pure sugar water, my blood sugar was within the normal range, which is very exciting for me. I was NOT looking forward to eliminating all sugar from my diet. I'm afraid I would have been rather grouchy! I will have to repeat the sugar test between weeks 24-27, but for now, I will continue to enjoy the occasional sweet treat.

Everything looked great at my appointment. My blood sugar was normal, my blood pressure was normal and I have gained 6.5 lbs so far. The baby's heart rate was in the 150s today, and when I commented on it being higher than the last time, the doctor said that the baby was most likely on a sugar high (since I'd just had 12 ounces of pure sugar)! Once again, we could hear LOTS of movement on the doppler when listening for the heartbeat.

In 3 weeks, Craig and I will return for THE ultrasound. At that time, we should be able to confirm whether our "she" bean is indeed a "she" bean (or a late sprouted "he" bean). Funny thing is that 2 of 4 doctors at my doctor's office have referred to the bean as a "she" without knowing that we had a secret ultrasound at one of the offices that Craig calls on. If the bean isn't a she, I will be surprised, but I have been surprised before... And I will love a "he" bean just as much as I will love a "she" bean.

No comments: