Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

No Time for Modesty

So... evidently, today was the day for modesty. The jelly bean politely crossed the legs, and gave the sonographer very few opportunities to "view the goods." From what the sonographer could see, she said it still looks like a girl (but reiterated the fact that we should save any receipts).

The jelly bean also proved to be a little camera shy (or stubborn -- not sure how to interpret it) when it came to the actual anatomy scan. From what the sonographer could see, everything looked normal, but because of the position of the baby, she couldn't see all that she wanted to. In particular, she couldn't get a clear view of the heart chambers or the face (lips, mouth, etc). The heart was beating at a normal rate so I am sure there is no cause for alarm there, but nonetheless, the sonographer referred me to MUSC in Charleston for a Level 2 ultrasound. Keep in mind, I do live in Beaufort, and our resources are limited here to say the least. (At least we'll end up with some cool 3D photos)!

The waiting continues... I have to wait for MUSC to call me to schedule an appointment, which I hope will happen very soon because the patience thing isn't working too well for me right now. Must be the hormones!!! Until the next scan, I will continue to think pink and keep the shopping to a minimum.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Grace would not cooperate either. This one, on the other hand, was ALL to happy to oblige. We are so happy for the two and a half of you:) Hope you keep feeling well!
Jennifer