Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, August 6, 2007

22 Weeks and Counting...

Above you can see three white lines beside the arrow that confirm the Jelly Bean is a little GIRL!

Picture of her arm and her hand


In the middle of the screen, you can see a picture of her little foot

We are officially 22 weeks and 1 day pregnant today. And we FINALLY have confirmation that the Jelly Bean is a GIRL! We also have confirmation that our little girl is S-T-U-B-B-O-R-N! We went to MUSC on Friday for our level 2 ultrasound.



If you recall, we were sent to MUSC because the baby was in a position that made it difficult for our local sonographer to capture a clear view of her heart and her nose and lips. Well...she was still in that position on Friday, and she has no interest whatsoever in changing positions.



The sonographer at MUSC was able to capture a picture of her little lips and nose, but neither she nor her supervisor were able to capture the 5 pictures they needed of her heart. The heart seemed to be just fine, and it appeared to be beating normally, but the girls couldn't get the pictures they needed. We were there for an hour and a half -- I drank juice, I ate ice, I walked around, I jumped around, I pushed on my belly, I rolled from one side to the other, but we could not get her to budge. She is obviously in a very cozy spot and does not care to move. So...we go back on August 22 for one more try.



I think I have been feeling her move a little since last Sunday, but the movements come and go. Mostly, I feel her moving just after I get in bed at night and just after I eat lunch each day. We know she likes to sleep, and she must like to eat as well! :)

Only 125 days to go!




2 comments:

Jennifer said...

YAY!!! Girls are so fun!! Nancy....go shop, shop, shop!!

Derik & Julie said...

Congratulations on your baby girl! She is going to be so SPOILED and have Craig wrapped around his finger! I can see it now! :)