Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Saturday, August 25, 2007

25 Down, 15 To Go!





The past week has been filled with tons of excitement. We heard a strong heartbeat at our regular doctor's appointment on Tuesday, and then we saw the first glance of Baby Girl Norris via 3D ultrasound on Wednesday! As you can see from the picture, she is quite a ham. At one point, I started laughing, and she started smiling/laughing at the same time. Her little mouth did not stop moving during the entire ultrasound. I am assuming she has already inherited the gift of gab from her daddy!
Even more exciting than the first true photos of our little girl was the news that her heart appears to be healthy. For the most part, she was very cooperative this time, but in the very first image the ultrasound tech captured, she was sticking her little tongue out at us. She sat still long enough for Juli (the tech) to capture all of the photos she needed except for one, which evidently, was no big deal. We were all very pleased (and relieved) to see that everything appears to be normal.
I have felt her moving around a LOT this week, which is such a cool feeling. I can feel her little kicks from the outside when I put my hand on my belly, but I haven't been able to share this with Craig yet. Her movements are still fairly unpredictable, and I can't seem to figure out when she is going to kick next. She woke me up at 4 am twice this week. I assume she was ready to play... Oh boy, is this a sign of things to come or what?!
I have been fighting a nasty summer cold all week, and I hope I am finally on the mend. As per my doctor's instructions, I am now taking Tylenol Cold and sleeping with a humidifier beside the bed. Once I got up and started moving around today, I did feel much better.
My sweet husband spent the day in Savannah with me today. It took a lot of pouting and a little bribery, but he finally gave in. I wanted to go back and look at things for the nursery one more time. We ordered a cozy rocker/glider/recliner and finalized the bedding order. Before it's all over with, I am afraid that Craig and I will be fighting over the new chair. It is so comfortable.
I am super excited for all of the things we have ordered to come in so we can officially start working on the nursery.
So as you can see, we have been very busy this week. And to top off all of the excitement, we just found out that Baby Girl Norris is going to have a brand new cousin in April! Craig's little sister is expecting, which is such a wonderful surprise. Congratulations! We can't wait for these two little miracles to arrive!

No comments: